Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Blended With You

Yesterday, as I was looking through my journals, I realized something.  In one of the entries, I was standing up for myself for all the deceit I had been through in two previous relationships before my husband came along.  I had written, through the heartache, what I wanted in a man.

"I want a man to sit with me in church and hold my hand and share the love for our God together." 


There were more descriptions of this "man" I wanted that I poured out to God about in my alone times. My thoughts were that there just might not be a man like that for me. I guess I was falling into depression.

Fast Forward 

In a testimony given last Sunday at church, a sister said that she knows now why when we ask for forgiveness, it is forgiven but we don't seem to forget. We are able to remember it so we won't repeat it. I will go one step further from my experience. We won't repeat it and we can help others who are on that path we were on and share what we went through and let them know, "you don't want to feel this way.  I was there." or "if you feel this way, I am here if you need someone to talk to."

I woke up this morning from a nightmare, probably because I read some of the things I had gone through and had forgotten, the night before.  In my bad dream, I had lost the one thing I know God placed in my path. I woke up clammy and crying. (Not a good combination.)

Meeting my husband, LeGrande, and getting married after 3 weeks of dating, we went through the fire. We reached limits and broke down walls. We were refined in our relationship and having God first in our marriage has been the best decision we have made. Without God first, it is a harder road to travel on, I have been there and know the loneliness. To have what I asked for, so long ago, is an amazing realization that Heavenly Father heard my heart as I wrote in my journal.  He gave me the desire of my heart.

I'm blessed to wake up and realize it was just a bad dream. To be able to lay my head on his chest and hear his heartbeat and thank Heavenly Father once again, for this man that He made for me and I for him.

As the "day of love" approaches, Valentine's Day, I just want to say, I wouldn't want to "blended" with anyone else but you.

Blessings ~ Thea








No comments:

Post a Comment